Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Review: Happy Mother's Day

August staying cool on Sunday
Becke staying cool on Sunday as well
I hope that everyone was treated wonderfully on Mother's Day and that you got kissed by loved ones.  It was finally a nice weather weekend as we had 4 days of rain before the sun finally came out and warmed up my tired, cold bones. The state is no longer in a drought so I hope the rain holds off for a bit.


Saturday I got to go see the new Marvel Movie The Avenger's in 3D!  Man 3D movies have come a long way since the 60's when the glasses were made of paper and one eye was blue and one eye was red!  That movie is amazing and it made me want to go home and watch the individual movies about each character again.


Sunday afternoon Hubby took me to the Weathervane Restaurant. It's a local spot with really good seafood. Along with Raspberry Ice tea I had broiled fish while Hubby (who is allergic to fish) had steak.



I also got to sit in the sun, work on a tan (which is really a joke since I don't tan - but I love the heat from the sun). I finished one book and continued with another. 
I love those kind of days. Slow pace, warm, sunshine and feeling loved. 

Since our daughter had the day off, she got to stay home and enjoy her mothers day with her girls. That is such a joy for her.  I know the feeling.

How about you, did you fell loved? Did you get a special card? Flowers? Did someone else do the cooking?  I hope you know just how important mothers are to the future of this country. We need God loving mom's out there raising God loving children.


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! I had a nice day as well. The boys (dad, hubby and bil) grilled out for the ladies. Lots of down time with the ones I love makes for a perfect day!

    Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kinds of days, too!! I got a special card, a promise of a gift (coming soon), and I didn't have to cook. And best of all, I got to spend the day with my 7 favorite people (DH, DD, DSIL and my 4 Ts)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your Mother's Day was extra special...mine was, too! You can never go wrong with a seafood dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did feel loved and got kisses! As you know we celebrated the weekend before so I did actually cook our dinner yesterday. Your meal looks like it was delicious. So glad you had a nice day. I think I would like to see that movie and I haven't seen the others either! Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!