Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

You're a Grand Old Hodgepodge


Thank you Joyce for once again coming up with the questions.  I'm always amazed at what you ask.  Join the fun by either clicking the button above or answer the questions here.

1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
One thing is to simply go up to them and thank them.  You don't need to know them to walk up and say "Thank you for your service." Maybe even shake their hand.  Simple and meaningful.

2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
WOW you got me!  I have red and white shirts that I wear with blue jeans but I do not have one single red/white/blue shirt. Guess I need to go shopping.

3. Does love really conquer all?
Yes it does. Jesus gave his life because he loved us. He conquered sin and death for us.  
John 19:30

4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Strawberry shortcake any day! 


5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
My hair dresser is my niece so she shares stuff with me.  

6. Does money lead to selfishness?
It can if you let it.  If you start to think that you earned it, it's all yours, then yes, it can lead to selfishness. If you know it is a gift from God and it is HIS, then no; it does not.

7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
I asked Hubby this and it's a toss up between the couch and the mattress in our bedroom.  They are both between 10-13 years old so time to get a new ones but that will have to wait for a bit since other things are more pressing that cost more right now.  

8. Insert your own random here.
As I was typing this up Tuesday night, this was our weather:

Tornado warnings were all over the TV earlier last night.  Wild NH weather for sure!  Our dogs are fine when it rains and thunder and lightning doesn't bother them, but go on Face Book and there are lots of people on there all trying to calm their dogs down.  I feel bad for them all. It's not fun having a dog hiding in the bathtub crying.  

10 comments:

  1. Good answers on #3 and #6. That strawberry shortcake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had crazy weather here this weekend (and week!) too...lots of lightning and thunder last night. I'm just hoping the humidity broke a little-it has been stifling, more like Florida in July than NJ in May.

    Stay safe and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well up there. The weather seems to have gotten more severe in the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have better weather today-crazy weather everywhere. Love strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers to #3 and #6 ... and #4! ;-) We've got dark clouds to the west, a big rain cell on the radar, but no rain in the forecast. Go figure. We definitely need some rain, so I'm hoping that front moves through here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke up to a thunderstorm yesterday morning. Thankfully nothing severe. I use to gave a big golden retriever that was scared of storms. He would shake so much it was heartbreakng! Glad you don't have to go through that.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry shortcake with a big glob of whipped topping is one of my favorite summertime desserts! Our dogs hate thunderstorms, too! Me? I love them as long as they're not too severe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Strawberry Shortcake is winning the day so far! Crazy weather, to be sure!

    Hopping by from my Hodge Podge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter's last dog used to be terrified of bad weather. We called him "the weather dog" cause he got upset before we ever realized the weather was getting bad.

    You asked what my next decorating holiday will be...I decorate for summer (in a beach theme) after July 4 is over. After that, it's my apple/back-to-school decor in mid-August.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the love of God does conquer it all, thank you for the reminder. Sorry about the storms. Hope all is well today. We don't get many storms like that but fireworks will scare them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!