Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Vacationing Issue


Welcome to this weeks Hodgepodge.  Joyce, From This Side of the Pond has been busy putting together this weeks questions.  We give the answers, so join in and lets have fun.

1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
Last November we traveled down to North Carolina and we had our dogs with us. We paid extra for the dogs, we paid a lot extra for our dogs. The kids in the next room made more noise than our dogs. I wonder if they paid extra for the kids?

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
Well now, really!!! I don't need everything plus the kitchen sink but I will pack everything I might need plus the entire bathroom. I need light clothes just in case the the sun comes out, warmer clothes because once the sun goes down, I'll be cold.  I need curling iron, make up, hats, sweaters, open toe shoes and closed toe ones.  Can't leave without the electronics you know.... all of them.  Well Hubby says I pack like I'm mobilizing for an assault on Iwo Jima!  Don't we all pack that way???

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
Ever hear a small child pray? They are so very thankful for EVERYTHING!  They thank God for the food, the plates, the dessert, the dog, the flowers, and they mean it.  They are very thankful for everything they have.  That is what i hope I have learned, be thankful for anything.

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
I guess I would say, be honest, don't try to be every ones friend, work hard, be a person of integrity.

5. What's your favorite lemon something?
Lemon Squares - What's not to love
Photo from Google
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
Where am I going? A wedding, Carnival, the back yard?  What time of year is it?  Summer, Winter? If I'm just hanging out in the summer than flip flops are my favorite footwear. 
My basket of flip flops
 
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?
I'm not a huge beach holiday kind of girl, sorry all. I like fried dough and other fresh sea food that we get there. Something in the salt air makes the sea food taste better. I don't like how crowded the beach is. Our beach in our little state is very small so it is crowded.  I don't like the cold water, all the cars and all the people and all the stores selling whatever!  I would rather be out on a lake, in the woods away from all the crowed. 

Photo by Google

8. Insert your own random thought here.
In our state, dog owners are required to show proof of rabies whenever. Instead of carrying a copy of the rabies certificate, I take a photo of them and keep them in my cell phone. If I need it, I have it and can email it wherever it needs to go.  Easy Peasy.... That is my random thought.  

Now it's your turn. What are your answers?

9 comments:

  1. We sound so much alike when it comes to packing. I have a tendency to overpack...A LOT! Drives my husband so crazy because he can, typically, get everything he'll need in a small carry on when one giant suitcase isn't enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do pack a LOT when we travel, but this last trip, I deliberately chose to leave a couple of things behind ... and wouldn't you know that I needed them? Next time, I'm going ahead and packing it all! ha!

    I'm back now and am going to get all caught up ... it might take to the end of the week, but I will get caught up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that it's flip flops and flip flops only for me (until it gets too cold)! In fact, when we travel, I only take flip flops with me! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I just had to do the Hodgepodge today...the peas can just wait a bit! LOL

    You are so "right on" in many of your answers today! I love them all, especially the one about children being thankful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would definitely make me mad on #1. Yes, packing is one of my hardest challanges and causes a lot of stress. If you would rather be in the cabin in the woods then you need to join us each summer in Mammoth Lakes, CA! That's a great idea on the rabies certificate. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good comment about paying extra for kids. Children can teach us so much. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder on the rabies. My dog is overdue for her shots. Gotta get that appointment made today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amswer to #3 made me smile. When my oldest was just learning to pray she would thank God for everything, some prayers would literally take an hour, but she was to genuine about her tankfuls and blessings that we couldn't ever stop her. I agree we need to pray more like children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL #1, but so true. Listening to a child pray-I didn't think of that! and I assist the teacher in Sunday School 3-5 yr. olds and yes we CAN learn so much from hearing little ones pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!