Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CONCRETE FACE PLANT HODGEPODGE!


Joyce has been coming up with the questions for a very long time and I wonder just how many more questions she has for us. She really wants to know a lot about us don't you think???? Good thing it's all in fun and you too can play along.  


1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?
This is a good age.  Any time on this side of the ground, with those I love is a good age.  This is the age I found out just how strong I am and just how great my friends are.

2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???
WOW if there is a house hold chore that I've not done by now, I'm not about to tell anyone as I've done them all I'm sure and if I haven't done them by now, I'm not going to start now!!

3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain? 
Both have a hand in shaping our personalities.  Nature hands us things to conquer and personalities help us conquer those things.

4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick? 

I don't eat a lot of foods on a stick so I would have to say either corn dogs or ice cream.
         


5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?
WOW that is a hard one, I guess it would be hearing.  I love to hear my Hubby call my name and tell me that he loves me. I love to hear him preach or tell stories or just the sound of his voice in general. I absolutely love to listen to him breath - it's so relaxing and reassuring that all is right with the world.  I love to hear my grand daughters tell me I'm the best Grannie EVER!! I love to hear my dogs talk (or sing in the case of August). I love to listen to music.

6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?
Anywhere with Hubby becomes the best place, event ever.  A few summers back we went to a local baseball game in Manchester and it was really fun.  The sunshine, the laughter, the game and of course Hubby to share it with.

7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.

I don't need 5 words!  Good Riddance.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
In order to have something to blog about, I broke my nose on Tuesday in 2 places.  My lip is split and my hand is tingly.  See, I needed something to blog about and the weather is just plain boring and cold. I'm fine and will return to work Thursday night to teach and then Friday back to the office.  I will have my cane and bubble wrap to keep me from falling again but I will not see the Nose doctor until Monday (they need to be able to touch me and right now no one can touch it). I hope he can fix it so I can breath through my nose again.

13 comments:

  1. Ice cream and corn dogs sound good. Love them both! I agree with you on February! And I feel the same about my hubby...if he's there, then it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our life together too my beloved SWMBO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our life as well, you make things fun - even a broken nose!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, as if you weren't already dealing with enough!
    I chose ice cream, and hearing as my answers, too.
    Take care--and get out that bubble wrap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I'll get the extra large bubbles in the bubble wrap. I may need it.

      Delete
  4. I am sorry to hear of your fall - and broken nose. It seems you have kept a sense of humor though - and that's good. I hope it heals quickly - and straight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. At this point I do find my broken nose funny. What else can I do?

      Delete
  5. I could go for a corn dog and ice cream bar right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! A broken nose!! I am sorry you've got one more thing to deal with, but I admire your humor and strength! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, Life sure is funny at times right? I press on.....

      Delete
  7. Oh my!! What an accident that must have been! So glad you are okay - or at least you are keeping your sense of humor about it!

    I love your answer to #1. This is a good Hodgepodge (again!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I keep seeing your post on FB, what an ordeal! But you have the best darn attitude ever! Prayers the swelling goes down and you can get those glasses back on. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you got hurt. :-(( But oh the lengths we go to to acquire blogging material!! :-) Enjoyed reading your post today. And although I would miss my sense of sight most, I would most definitely miss my sense of hearing - for all the same reasons you mention. Hope your owie gets better really soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!