If it's Wednesday, it's hodgepodge time!! We love the questions and even more the answers. So come play with us.
1.What makes love last?
WOW right off the bat we get a hard one!!! Love lasts because we work at it. Love is a verb, it takes action, it's something you do every day because you choose to love. So you work at it and it lasts.
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
I watched the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show and it was OK, but I was not a fan at the time. I was 9 years old at the time and so the Beatles were not on my radar. I like their music now but only the older stuff like "Michelle".
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
We exchange a sweet card and maybe a small box of chocolates for Valentines day but that is about it. We are at the point in our lives that if we want to go out to enjoy a meal together, we do. We don't need a holiday to plan a meal out. We just go. I would love a call from the grands but I know that they are going to be busy so that's OK.
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
Burger, that was easy. I like it grilled very well done with cheese, relish, ketchup, toasted bun and with onion rings on the side.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?
Yes, power is hard thing to manage. It will corrupt you completely if you let it take over you. Just look at our leaders!!
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I understand that it now cost more to make the penny then it is worth so if that is true, it's time to ditch the penny.
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
Pop Culture is something that is studied a lot. It shows where we came from and is used to show what we grew up with, so yes study it, learn from it and grow because of it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can you belive that we are going to get more snow!! It's due on Thursday, so I may not get to teach that night. I am so sick of snow!!! Any one in the south who wants snow, come get all you want, it's free!!!