Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recipe of the week: Low Carb "Donuts" Treats part two


Here are the other donuts I made for Valentine's Day. These are very light and fluffy and really were my favorite of the two Valentine treats I made.  They froze well and when I took them out a few days later, they were still very tasty!

1 cup Flaxseed Meal
1 cup Almond Meal Flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 stick of butter melted
4 eggs
1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP water

Mix all of this and pour into a donut baking pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

Allow to cool a bit before removing them from the pan.

Topping:
1/2 cup Splenda
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 TBSP melted butter

Mix the Splenda and Cinnamon together, take each donut and dip the top in the butter and sprinkle on the Splenda/Cinnamon mixture.

Total carbs are 1.5 each!!!  Now I really like that kind of treat.  How about you, have you found any low carb recipes that you love? How about sharing - I'm always looking for new ideas for dinner.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!