Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hodgepodge Wednesday: Christmas Theme




Once again Joyce did a great job coming up with this weeks questions. With all she has to do, I don't know how she finds the time, but I am thrilled that she does. You can click on the box above to join her blog and either put your answers there, or here. The fun is getting to meet other bloggers and finding out more about them. So here are the questions for this week.

1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year?

On a personal level I started my very first blog. It has been a time of learning: learning how to speak "Blog language", learning how to manage my time, learning how to write every day, learning how to take pictures, learning how to view the world with my bifocals on.

2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom?

That changes with the seasons, at this time of year, its the tree skirt that my mother-in-law made for us so many years ago. She was such a Godly woman and I loved her very much.





3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you're not sure click here to see a list of possibilities.

Hubby and I went to dinner theater once to see a production of Arsenic & Old Lace and it was so much fun. It was comedy night and the food was wonderful, the company fantastic and the entertainment delightful. I would like very much to do that again.

4. Snow...do you love it or is it considered a four letter word where you live?

I only love it when I'm inside with a cup of hot cocoa sitting near the fire. It is very beautiful and when it's fresh, the brightness of it can be blinding! And it makes for magical Christmas. But after shoveling it for the 10th time, with no place to put it anymore, in sub zero weather, or driving in it going 10 miles a hours, while the cars skid all over the place, praying not to get hit or hit anyone else, or loosing power for days because the weight of it pulled down the power lines. Well, them I'm so done with all that it is no longer pretty to look at!

And who in their right mind would ever go jogging in the street when during all of this!!! Don't they know that the sidewalks are no longer available, and the roads are now barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass!!! OK I'll stop now before you all start rolling your eyes back into your head.

5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you any good?

No I don't ski. I really don't like the cold at all and so I am locked inside during ski season, sitting by the fire drinking hot tea.

6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for?

I cannot pick just one!! Sorry, Hubby has too many. His sense of humor is what I first fell in love with and he still has that to this day. But his integrity and his ability to fight for the little guy is also what I'm thankful for.

7. Describe the coziest spot in your home.

This past summer we redid our bedroom. It will now be summer time in there no matter what the outside looks/feels like.





8. Insert your own random thought here.

Here is the Christmas outfit I wore today - it's one of the many that are now too big for my smaller frame.

AND for all of you---

Enjoy! I love their voices!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn-your link on the linky didn't bring me here so you might need to re-link.

    Blogging is a whole big learning curve but I'm with you and think its been fun to learn/do something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was pondering my answers, blogging never crossed my mind for the answer to #1! ;-)

    You mentioned a smaller frame ... I take it you've lost weight? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, the Linky link would not allow me to re-link so I guess I'm still learning how to do that. I think I need to delete my first link but don't know how. Oh well, so much to learn....
    Nanato4 - yes, I've love 28 pounds in 3 1/2 months. A lot of my clothes no longer fit right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bedroom does look cozy! having lived in Montana for eight years, I truly do understand your thoughts about snow and the cold weather :) (and this is from a southern California girl that had to learn how to drive on the snow/ice once we got there :)

    WTG on your fantastic weight loss!! Always a good feeling to get down to a more comfortable weight!

    also agree with you and skiing; the guys would ski and I would bring a good book and wait in the lodge for them to take a break :)

    enjoy the day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers.

    I need to get a "smaller frame".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!