Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hodgepodge Wednesday: A real hodgepodge this time


Once again our Faithful Joyce over at From This Side Of The Pond has come up with a real hodgepodge of questions that allow us all a chance to understand each other better.  To play press the button at the top and head over to her blog. Visit each of us listed there and even leave a comment to let us know you stopped by, we love comments.

1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?
WOW what a question! This could be an entire blog by itself - in fact it will be soon, so come back for the full story. To me having the Christmas Spirit is about understanding the greatest gift of all. Jesus. He gave up being with God, living in Heaven with the Father, and came down here to live as a man with all the problems that comes with a human body. He did it knowing that at some point he would die for my sins.He did it because He loved me and  wanted me to live with Him some day.  Having a Christmas Spirit is about having a Thankful - Loving - Tender Spirit that appreciates that kind of gift.

2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?
We have an angel that lights up the ceiling as well. I can't remember when we got it but it was "Years and Years ago" according to Hubby.  I love the child like face and glow she gives off. I can image her at the birth of Jesus and her glow lighting up the sky!

What a charming face!
Look at the glow on the ceiling!


















3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
Some time last week I made a really good omelet for Hubby.  Most of the time I have the heat up too high and it will not flip over nicely or slide out of the pan still in shape.  But this time, it looked really good and I wish I had taken a picture of it.

4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
Touch. I react to the cold fast so the sense of touch is hyper sensitive right now.Sometimes I can't stand the feel of my clothes against my skin. Or the covers over me.  Sometimes even the loving touch of Hubby holding my hand hurts. And after a few really cold days, I can lose  all the feeling in my feet. Having Raynaud's Disease is no fun. Add that to Fibromyalgia and touch is truly the most sensitive this time of year. Now I know that there are a lot of people with far worst medical conditions so I am not complaining, just answering the question.

5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
Coffee cups! I seem to have so many that have cute and funny sayings on them but many do not into the microwave so I really should get rid of them. I wonder where old non microwaveable cups go- or cups with radio stations adds?? These 2 are keepers!

Just simply make me smile! 


6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?
Christmas Eve we have Take out a lot, Chinese most of the time. We watch movies, and at midnight we open 1 gift each. It's called "Our Little Christmas". We wish Jesus Happy Birthday and read the story of his birth which is our greatest gift. Now if hubby is working 11pm-7am the Little Christmas moves up a few hours which ALL BY ME!
Christmas Day changes from year to year because of Hubby's work schedule. He is a police officer and often works that day so we will eat around his schedule and also around the daughter's schedule. she is not working that day but she is "GREAT WITH CHILD" and has a 20 month old, she may want to sleep in for a bit.  So we could be eating breakfast, brunch, or early dinner, it's all good right?

7. What is the best thing about winter?
Knowing that on December on 22 we start to get longer days in terms of sunlight!  I do like looking at winter from inside,- with a cup of something hot and sweet, -with a fire going, -in my pj's,- cuddling with Hubby and Becke the wonder dog, -watching something on TV, -or sewing, -or knitting,- or cross stitching. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.


My cousin is married to a Fireman, I hang this ornament every year for him. Stay safe Randy! 

And this is Christmas shirt #20!
OK so now it's your turn!  Thank you again Joyce for a great Hodgepodge!

7 comments:

  1. We have loads of cups too...one year I boxed up a couple of boxes to make room for my Christmas mugs. I only put one box back and forgot about the other. I decided to give them away because I figured if they'd stayed in the box for a year I probably didn't need them for drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could buy a ton of mugs ... I love mugs. But I don't care for hot drinks, so how many mugs do we need for one person to drink his coffee? ha! Thankfully that's enough to stop me from buying too many (we do have a few extra that I couldn't resist ... they are for guests).

    We have a varying Christmas celebration, too ... between DD needing to find time to spend with her in-laws, her dad, and her own family. As long as we're together, that's what counts, right? <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I, too, have Raynauds ... and while it doesn't necessarily make my skin too sensitive to being touched, it certainly makes life miserable during the winter months. My hands are what's mostly affected, and I've been known to have to wear gloves inside. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the mug with the gun butt for a handle. That would go over big in my house! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanato4: the Raynauds doesn't make my skin too sensitive to being touched, the fibromyalgia does however! Fun. I know what you mean about the hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. Love the fireman ornament and your sweet angel tree topper. I didn't say mugs but we have too many also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your angel tree topper, how cute! I totally agree with what you said about Christmas spirit; I think we need to keep Jesus in the forefront during this time, otherwise it is hard to remember the Real Reason why we celebrate Christmas.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!