Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Pecan Cookies


Well the Christmas Season is officially over but hopefully the Season of Christmas stays in your heart all year long.  I pray you are recovering well from the all the food that was floating around everywhere, and you don't have any Christmas Food Remorse.   I managed to not only NOT gain any weight over this time of free flowing food, but actually lost 1 pound more! And it was done by having low carb sweets ready to eat while others ate the high carb, high fat, variety.  Here is one of my favorite cookies that end up having 0 Carbs - you saw that right 0! So I could eat several and not have to count any of them!

Pecan Cookies
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
5 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon safflower or light olive oil (I used olive oil)
2 teaspoon vanilla extra

Mix the pecans, flour, cornstarch and salt and process until well combined.  In a separate bowl mix 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, oil, vanilla and mix until creamy. Add the dry ingredients and combine till well mixed.  Now you have a choice.
1. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet, press down a bit or
1. Make small balls and place on cookie sheet and leave a small balls

I pressed down a bit to form flat cookies.  Bake for 12 minutes at 350 and place on wax paper to cool. While still warm sprinkle the rest of the confectioners' sugar over the cookies.  Let cool and enjoy.
Because the pecan are high in fiber the total carb count comes to 0.

Batter will be stiff

Got to use my new mixer!!!

0 Carbs for the ENTIRE PLATE! But don't eat the entire plate -  these are high in fiber.

So with nice sweet treats floating around here, I was able to enjoy the season, even had a small eclair and    a few other small non carb treats and still lost 1 pound!!
How did you do over the past week?

5 comments:

  1. Good for you ... a pound lost! How much more are you hoping to lose?

    I miss not seeing you in your Christmas "finery". ;-)

    Wishing you a blessed week leading up to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nanato4- I wasn't planning on loosing that pound. I was planing on just maintaining. So far I'm down 29 pounds. I was hoping (and praying) for just 20! God gave me the other 9. Have a wonderful New Years as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Lynn! Don't you just love the Kitchen Aid? My dad, being the thrift store shopper that he is, found me one at a thrift shop last year. I'd wanted one for a long time but the price always stopped me. Now I have one, didn't have to pay too much, and I use it constantly! Hope you have a wonderful day and stay warm in your long johns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I didn't lose any weight! Those cookies sound delicious, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!