Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin Pie (crust less)


Outfit # 19
This is a new on that I just got in Small, it still looks baggie and big!



This is the time of year when there are lots of goodies floating around. I went into work the other day and there were home make cookies, fudge, as well as bags of candy, chocolates and donuts! Oh my was that a hard day to walk around the building and not grab a hand full of anything!  By time I got home I wanted something sweet as well but without the guilt and carbs. Crust less pumpkin pie is just the thing to fill me up without filling me out!

Crust Less Pumpkin Pie
15 oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup Splenda (I use 1/4 cup Splenda and a 1/4 cup of the store brand)
2 eggs
1/2 heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Mix it all in a bowl and pour into a greased pie pan. Cook at 350 for about 1 hour.  Top with whipped cream if you like.
5 Carbs each serving.

Enjoy!

A little bit of whipped cream makes it extra special
OK all of you out there - how are you avoiding all the temptation that just shows up this time of year?

4 comments:

  1. Now this looks yummy! I'd have to add the cream...can't have pumpkin anything without whipped cream : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, definitely the whipped cream! ;-) Gotta have the whipped cream!

    I like the idea of pumpkin pie without the crust. I don't even think I'd miss it. ;-)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, no temptation here since I work at home so no goodies are brought in unless we bring them in ourselves and I'm avoiding that until it gets closer to the holidays. In years past, my husband would also get gifts from vendors (he's in hospital purchasing) but they have changed their policies so vendors can't bring in gifts any more. Those were the days of cookie trays, boxes of candy, etc. Those were the "glory days", but I'm glad they are over, my waistline surely doesn't need them.

    Like the snowman on your chair and that top is very nice too!!

    thanks for the pie recipe, I'll have to try it. I have found, since I use Splenda, that a lot of times I like the store brand taste over brand name Splenda.

    Have a good day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds pretty good, thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!