Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday Hodgepodge:


Joyce has done it again! If you want to play hit the Wednesday Hodgepodge button and join in on the fun.

1. Share your Christmas Eve traditions.
Since Hubby is a police officer we work around his work schedule. This year, he has both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off which is so very nice.  So Christmas Eve we are having a quiet dinner (haven't decided yet, maybe a roast) remember Christmas' gone by, watch Christmas specials and enjoy the company of each other.  

2. What was the best book you read in 2010? (we're not going to include The Bible here)
I enjoyed The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch very much. He had a lot of lessons to teach and I loved how he lived his life in the here and now.

3. Do you have pets and if so do you allow them on the furniture?
We have Becke the wonder dog and yes as you can see she is allowed on the furniture.

We also have fish, they are not allowed on the furniture at all!



4. What event from 2010 are you most thankful for?
I got to start watching my wonderful grand daughter on Sundays while her parents work schedule overlap for a few hours. She is all mine during that time and she is a love. I am so proud at what good parents our daughter and son-in-law are. 

5. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before.
Back in late summer Hubby and I took a trip to Niagara Falls, the USA side. It was a great trip and one of the things on my Bucket List. It is now crossed off.

6. Brussel sprouts...friend or foe?
Friend. I like them steamed with butter.  Don't remember eating them when I was younger, but I do like them. 

7. Who would you nominate for man/woman of the year?
Hubby of course, he is my hero. He loves me and cares for me and takes care of me and I can not image my live without him.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I feel blessed. That's my thought - that I'm blessed.

Now it's your turn. Join in on the fun and let learn about each other. 

#27 - My daughter made this for me when she was a teen. I will keep it no matter how big it is!


8 comments:

  1. I love this meme and how we all get to know each other a little better. ;-)

    sounds like pretty much a perfect Christmas is in the works at your house. Glad your hubby is off both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

    Enjoy these last few days leading up to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Christmas Eve & Christmas Day! Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. Enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like 2010 was a good year for you and yours! I would think seeing Niagra Falls would be spectacular! and I love your random thought #8!

    I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful you can celebrate Christmas Eve & Christmas together.

    I like the shirt your daughter made. How precious!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you get to be with your hubby for Christmas Eve and Day. I've worked for our local police department for 34 years so I totally understand having to work for the holidays. I'm no longer a dispatcher and am now in administration so I get the holidays off and it's a true blessing.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked The Last Lecture too...great book! I'm so glad you have your hubs home both days...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome answers. I can only imagine the fun you have watching your granddaughter. Glad to hear that the fish are not allowed on the furniture!
    Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!