Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipe of the Week:Orange Marmalade Muffins

The other week, just before Father's Day I was looking to make something different for breakfast. I get tired of bacon and eggs, sausage and eggs, ham and eggs, cheese and meat omelets, and steak and eggs, pancakes and ham - I know - I eat these a lot and still lost 35 pounds and my cholesterol came down! Any how, I digress.

Looking to see what I had on hand I decided to try putting together something different and here is what made.


Looks good doesn't it? 

 Here is what I used:
1 cup Almond meal
1 cup Flax seed meal
4 eggs
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Stick of Butter (real butter) melted
1/3 cup1/2  & 1/2  (next time I'm using heavy cream, I was out at the moment)
1/3 cup Sugar free syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
Sugar Free Orange Marmalade

Mix everything but the orange marmalade - it will be thick so don't worry.

Spray the inside of your muffin pan and drop by table spoons into the muffin pan. Top each one with a bit of the orange marmalade and push it down just a little bit.


Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for at least 20 minutes and then begin to check them. Take out when a knife comes out clean, let cool and enjoy. 

I got 12 of these and Hubby really liked them. Now for those of you who are thinking they are light and fluffy, they are not. They are denser and you will not be hungry for a long time.

Oh, the carb count. Each muffin has 1.5 carbs. So I had 3 of these. Hubby had 2 of these with some cold cereal.  I didn't have room for anything else. Do you live low carb? I would love to have some of your recipes, so do share.  

Next time I'm trying it with Sugar Free Strawberry Jam!!!!!! YUM!

4 comments:

  1. Those do look yummy! I actually prefer the denser muffins, so these sound right up my alley. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my kids would love those for breakfast. I will have to try those...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look good!! I know what you mean, it sometimes gets a bit tiring to eat low carb (I'm not doing it consistently these days) with choices that are available, but it sounds like you are always on the search for new creative recipes! thanks for sharing them with us

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the amazing thing about the South Beach diet! The dropping cholesterol levels just amaze me. The muffins sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!