Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE!




Joyce had a good time coming up with these questions by the look of them.  She has a funny sense of humor.  Join the fun.

1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I'm not sure I ever watched American Idol from start to finish, ever, in the 14 years they have been on.  I know that I've watched as they got to the final 4 or close to the end.  I'm not a huge fan of the show.  There was a time when the contestants were not very good and were still put on TV to show just how bad they were and for the judges to tell them that they were not very good and I didn't like that.  
If I was were ever forced to audition for the show, I would most likely sing something from Whitney Houston.  I loved her voice and her songs. 

2.  Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." 

So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out? 
So I'm guessing  this means to do something that you don't like to do and do it first thing in the morning.  That I do agree with.  Get it over with as fast as you can.  The last time I ate a frog?  Last Saturday, the house really needed cleaning.  I got up and got right at it instead of sleeping in.

3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?


Giraffe. I would love to see one up close.  

4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
I don't eat granola bars too often but I do like the chewy ones and ones with raisins and dried fruit.  I do like regular granola on yogurt and cereal.

5. If only_Life was as simple now and it was when I was a kid.  

6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.


A Fireplace.  I would like a fireplace in our bedroom. It doesn't have to be big, but just having one would be so nice. 

7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
Lack of snow!  I can handle the rain, the cold and even the icy roads but oh how I hate a ton of snow.  We have about maybe 3 inches of the stuff that has frozen to the ground by now.  I like not having a lot of snow!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
It's been just about a year ago that I had my stem cells harvested and frozen for future use.  At that time, we were thinking we were getting them back in the fall of 2014.  Well the fall has come and gone and stem cells are still in the freezer.  I hope they stay there for 30 years.  I hope I continue to do so well, that I don't need them back.  No one fights Cancer alone.  I have Hubby who takes over and runs the house and everything that goes along with it when I can't.  I work for a Company that allows me to do whatever I need to do to allow me to continue to earn a pay check. I have friends who keep me laughing and keep me sane and on top of it all I have a God who has given me all of the others who keep me going.  I feel blessed.  

10 comments:

  1. We haven't really had any significant snow since Thanksgiving. There's some in our forecast tonite, and a potential storm this weekend. I wouldn't mind a pretty snowfall : ) I'm glad there hasn't been an abundance this winter! So happy to hear of your good health! May it continue : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random thought today. It's a good thing to stop and count our blessings, and I'm thrilled that those stem cells are still in the freezer :)

    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true that no one fights cancer alone; glad you have a great support system! Giraffes seem to be the popular animal people are listing on this Hodgepodge :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo, I'm thinking you don't want me to send to you any of the snow that's falling at my house this morning?! (smile)

    I agree with you that I didn't like seeing people put on TV to sing so they could be criticized. What's nice about that?!

    May the Lord continue to strengthen you with the health issues. I'm so glad you have found Him faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have changed the beginning of Idol and only show a few random bad people now. Giraffe's for me too! I pray that you don't have to use the stem cells either and that you get another 30+ years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said a fireplace too.

    So glad you are doing so well physically and that you have such a great support system.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear that you're doing so well and I have no doubt that will continue to be the case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Seems like most of us like the giraffes! :D Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fireplace is a great addition to a bedroom. I would love one. So many have answered giraffe, it's funny!
    I'm glad you have a wonderful support system and are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be nice if things were simpler. I also hope that your cells stay in the freezer and that you don't need them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!