Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sleep: It's over raited.


Sometimes it doesn't matter how good looking the bed it, or how comfy the bed it, or how quiet the room is, or anything at all. Sometimes I just can't turn off my brain!  I think about the following day and what needs to be done there. I think about friends who are suffering loss, illness, work stress, money stress, joys of new babies, new homes and they all get prayed for. I think about our future plans. I think about why I'm thinking so much instead of SLEEPING.
That is what happened Tuesday night. A lot of thinking and praying and very little time sleeping. When I finally gave up and got up, I got dressed and went to work. Work was fine, nice easy pace of helping others and getting things done. Once home I treated myself with a spiced vanilla chi tea and sat down.
THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! I sat down!!! I really should have stayed down, but I didn't because why? Because I am WOMAN!
I got up and began my step aerobics - stupid idea one!
I continued step aerobics for 15 minutes - stupid idea two
I then added another 15 minutes to that - stupid idea three

I then felt really sick! So my body crashed and I crawled into that very comfy bed and stayed there- the only smart idea I had.

12 hours later, I am up, exercised, dressed, on my 2nd cup of coffee and ready to tackle the world.  Sorry all, when I hit the pillow the only prayer I had was to sleep. God Answered It. Thank You Lord. 

8 comments:

  1. I do that a lot ... lay there, with my mind full of thoughts and concerns. I'm usually able to fall asleep ... but end up with perhaps a grand total of about 3 hours of sleep.

    Glad you were able to get a good, long night's sleep. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do about 5 hours a night - any more and I feel like a zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to my world...I do this quite often. Sleepless nights come quite often these days, and sometimes they stay for a while. It makes me really appreciate the nights when I CAN sleep.

    Glad you got some rest--finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had similar thoughts in my post today...sometimes the brain just will not turn off. Glad you got your 12 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the year progresses it will be ever harder for me to turn off my brain at bedtime. Right now I am sleeping pretty well and I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing worse than a sleepless night like this. I don't get them too often these days, but every once in awhile one will sneak in. It is hard to stay focused the next day. Glad you were able to get a good night's sleep last night!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was like that Saturday night. I really hate it. So glad you were able to sleep the next night and by the way. I think the picture of your be is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a graduating senior in high school, I was quoted in the newspaper as stating, "Sleep is overrated". No joke!! Now, how I eat those words!!!

    Praying you are well-rested now and refreshed!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!