Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping Into Wednesday Hodgepodge


Thank you Joyce for the Leap Year edition of the Hodgepodge.  What fun because it will be years before we get this again.

1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?

I will be spending some of the day in class with August. He graduates Level 1 on Wednesday and continues with his beginner agility class. He loves agility.  Also there is a snow storm coming so I will be watching the weather report and if the snow fails to come, I'll be going to mid week Bible study. How's that for a full day!

2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
Personal Finances are what my mind wonders about. This requires a leap of faith so that I don't worry about it but lay it at the feet of the Master who answers all prayers.

3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
I am not giving up anything for lent but I am spending more time in prayer for others. So far, there are a lot of people to pray for so I'm busy.

4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?

Last night. Hubby got the pellet stove going  and I did some sewing by it. I continue to make harnesses for August to wear. I love our pellet stove! 

5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
That is a lot of food so most likely I will select another option where I can have what I want in the size that I want.

6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?

 I think I would like the Dick Van Dyke Show. Skits like this make me smile. Sweet and simple joys.

7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?

It seems that my short term memory is more of the gnat variety. I can't remember if I emailed someone, or where my shoes are.  I think I just need a day to sleep and think. I feel like I'm running a race some days.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The theme for today is: Something I'm listening to.
I got this app to listen to some radio stations at work since I don't have great reception at my desk and can get only 1 AM and 1FM station. What I found was this section of really old broadcast stations. They have Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Amos and Andy and George and Gracie and other old time broadcasts that  included mystery theater - westerns - comedy and the like. I didn't grow up listening  to the radio like the Walton's (I'm not THAT old).  I had a TV that we watched in the evening so I never heard these broadcasts. I am so enjoying this. I feel like the Walton's sitting in the living room staring at the "radio" and imagining the story. The app is free and so are the stations. I hope one day to hear "War of the Worlds" the way is was broadcast on the radio and caused so much panic.


Now it's your turn, Join us will you?

12 comments:

  1. Hope you have a super awesome week ahead of you! :) I love the graphics you chose for this post... and hope you have a great time today with August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Dick Van Dyke show...it falls into the same category for me as Andy Griffith which was my answer. Stay warm and dry. We may see some snow here or just something messy. Nothing like the accumulations they are predicting for NE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here. :-( But if we can't get snow, then I'd like some warm weather ... which is what we're going to get ... in the low 60's for the rest of the week. So I can't complain.

    I took my iPod with me to work because I couldn't get any radio stations either (our office was in the basement). That radio station that you found sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agility training is something that I have always wanted to become involved in, we tried it for a little as a way of therapy for our dog with extremem seperation anxiety, but the reality was that she was just too big to do some of the events (she was an Irish Wolfhound) But I thought it was a lot of fun to work on her trust in us and confidence in herself by going through the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Great Danes do agility so I'm not sure why you felt that your Irish Wolfhound was too big. It is fun and he LOVES it.

      Delete
  5. The Dick Van Dyke show was great and then the Mary Tyler Moore show. They just don't make comedies like they used to. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowstorm-be careful-I am experiencing tems in the 70's today with thunderstorms-way above average temps for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure wish we'd get some snow around here! Tomorrow...the temps. are supposed to reach 77 degrees. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dick Van Dyke is a great choice. Loved that show. Praying for others is wonderful. That radio station sounds interesting. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dick Van Dyke show - what a great answer. I could watch that again!

    We have a wood-burning stove in our basement, but it truly has not been very cold in the DC area this year so we've only used it on a few occasions. The last time we did, I had to crack open the sliding glass door upstairs; it was just too warm. We didn't have much of a winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brother has a pellet stove. He heats with it all the time, and loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sewing beside a real fire sounds lovely!! Cosyness personfied :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!