Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge and Photo Challenge


Thank you Joyce for this weeks questions. Join us as we learn about each other.

1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
Our children and grandchildren make me proud. I love watching our daughter with her daughters and wonder when she became so special, so smart, so wise....
I love hearing about our grandsons and all that they are learning and becoming and doing to grow strong and wise.
My medical issues keep me humble. I have enough aches and pains to remind me that this shell is getting weaker and that time will take it's toll on me.

2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
This beautiful tray -well if it was not covered you would see just how beautiful it is.

3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
We don't make a point of it but we have been to a few. Of those we like Yosemite the best.

4. How would you define honor?
High esteem, fame, glory. We honor God because he deserves high esteem, fame and glory.

5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
Depends upon what mood I'm in and the time of year. Fall and Winter, Devil's food  with hot chocolate topping fits my mood. Spring and Summer, Angel's food with strawberries on top. So My answer is YES, both.

6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
I like to take our time, drive and see the sights. We,ll stop and see the towns or eat at a local restaurant. We bring snacks but since I live a low carb life style we pack cheese, cold cuts, nuts, low carb bars and the like. We also bring water and diet soda.
Where did we go last for a road trip? Back in November we drove to Greensboro, North Carolina to pick up our little August Rush.  It was 700 miles one way. It took 2 1/2 days of driving.  It was great!

7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
The Government has no business telling any student or their parents what is proper for lunch, or taking away the lunch that was packed to give anything else.  Even if that lunch is Twinkies and chocolate kisses. The school is there to teach not force  government food on children (which of course brings money to the school from the government. )

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Photo Challenge of the day: Where I work

I work at Gail Fisher's All Dogs Gym & Inn.
It's a dog activity center which includes training classes, boarding, grooming and day care.
It also has cat boarding and cat grooming as well.
My title is Class Coordinator which means that if there is a class upcoming, all the paper work goes through me. I do another things as well. I'm also a class instructor and do some private training. I also teach Pet First Aid to the staff. Then there's the "other" category. You know those days when you do other stuff to help out other departments. Here, there are lots of others working the "other category" as we help each other out a lot. I've  been here since May 1996.  The staff here is the best and really love the animals in their care.
Our dogs get to come to work with me and August goes off to Puppy Place (puppy day care just for the younger/smaller dogs and Becke sleeps in my office most of the day. She used to go to day care but now prefers to hang out with mom. I like the company.

So that is where I work. How about you?  

8 comments:

  1. How fun to bring your dog to work! Mine would love that : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how great that you dog gets to go to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great job! How neat that you can bring your dog to work with you. I bet that makes your bond even closer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the same answer (just different wording) for #1.

    How lucky you are to be able to take your dogs with you to work. Of course, I'm finally able to take my dog with me to "work", too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea about your job, but I know you must love working there! And how nice that you get to take your two doggies to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your answers. My husband isn't crazy about stopping just for the fun of it! I love your job. How cool, it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of a place like the one where you work. Awesome! I'd love to send one of my dogs to you. She definitely needs some exercise because she is so hyper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome job and getto be able to have your dogs with you at work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!