Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend Review: Our Anniversary

One of 2 cards I got from Hubby. If you know us, you know we really do sound like this.

Friday the 1st was our 39th Anniversary so we headed off to the north of us and went to one of our favorite places Quchee VT. Stopping at Scotland by the Yard, is always fun and looking at all there thing "Scottish" always helps me feel connected to my dad's side of the family.  I only got a few things which is always good on the pocket book but the experience of shopping there is the real reason for going there.  We had a great lunch at Dana's and had a time to get lost in the beauty that is Vermont.

In all we spend two beautiful days watching boats sail, walking and taking in the local sights. Trying some local food, and remembering how far we have come together since we began our journey 39 years ago. As we go through this week, I'll share some of it with you. 



Since we brought our dog Becke with us it was interesting to be in a hotel room where she is very well behaved, not one bark out of her and we have as neighbors, a couple with children having a huge fight over who sleeps on what side of the bed and "who is touching who".  Now don't get me wrong, we have been there, done that with children having a melt down or fighting and my heart goes out to the parents who were trying to have a vacation. Just saying, we had to pay extra for Becke, but that I'll save for another blog story. 

Since we spent 2 days in the car traveling and enjoying our time, I didn't get in as many miles as I wanted to towards my 2400 mile challenge but a trip to the hotel gym did help me reach a grand total of 59.84 miles for the week bringing me a bit closer to the 2400 miles I want. I'm now at 1460.77. How are you doing with your personal challenges?  

Inside of the card and I can only hope this is true!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a nice anniversary weekend!! I'm glad Becke was very well behaved in the motel! We have traveled with Koda before in motels and he does pretty good except for leaving that even present corgi hair every where we go!

    glad you guys got away for a few days to spend sometime together celebrating your special day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I misunderstood the actual wedding date on your other post. Sounds like a nice getaway.
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!