Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30 Days and Counting


Did you look at the upper left corner of the blog? It says there are only 30 days until the start of fall. Now that doesn't mean that in 30 days the temps go down and air is cooler and crisper, it doesn't mean it's time to put a fire in the fireplace and make hot cocoa. But it may???????

We live in the upper right hand corner of the USA and so we have all four seasons! I know some of you who live in other parts of the country only get 2 seasons, cooler and warmer. And some of you only get one season - NICE. However we get all 4. The bad thing is we do not get equal amounts of all 4! Winters up here start early and end late while summer starts late and ends early. Spring sometimes doesn't show up much at all and Fall is only a few weeks long before winter starts.

So, for us, fall may just start in 4 weeks. What are you looking forwarded to come fall? The pumpkin soup? Digging out your sweaters or putting the quilts on the bed? I like the fall colors, the dark reds, burnt orange, the rusted yellows and the smells of a fireplace.  But for now, I will enjoy the flip flops on my bare toes, short sleeve shirts, cold salads with grilled chicken right off the barbecue and a whole lot of green! I wish Summer were longer....a lot longer!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love being able to wear flip flops and short sleeved shirts, too ... but I will have to say that I'm growing weary of heat advisories, high electric bills thanks to the constant running of the air conditioner, breaking a sweat just when walking out to get the mail. I'm looking forward to fall! I'm looking forward to breaking out the sweats and sweaters, the crisp air, being able to open up the windows, and especially the rain! ;-)

    How about we send some of our summer up to you all and you send us some of your fall? Sounds like a deal to me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to a trip to the pumpkin patch, a long drive to look at the leaves and the smell of spice candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fall, how I miss you. My favorite season and we don't seem to get much of it here in Oklahoma. I love the crisp temperatures, having to wear a light jacket and the days getting shorter (I'm weird that way). And being able to use the oven again and bake without heating the house up to a furnace temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to soup, chili, etc.

    This week our temps have cooled down some.
    However it will probably heat up again before it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy summer while it lasts and I hope you get a nice Fall to enjoy. I don't miss the big season changes from my 38 years in Illinois. We do have changes, they are just different. Winter we get rain and we get Santa Ana winds until the end of May. Our evenings will get very cold. The nicest thing about summer is that when it reaches 100 during the day you can always count on the 50's at night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!