Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Low Carb Cinnamon Buns

I didn't mention it yesterday but my personal challenge miles is up to 1736 miles.  One way that keep going is by eating right and moving. For Hubbies first breakfast as a retired police officer I made this him cinnamon buns.

Breakfast with gifts for Hubby.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar Twin
Pecans or walnuts 
Ground Cinnamon
2 cups Carbquick
1/3 cup applesauce, sugar free (or 1/3 cup melted butter)
1/3 cup half and half 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 2 teaspoons butter, 2 teaspoons brown sugar twin and some nuts in the bottom of each muffin cups. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon in each cup. Heat in oven until melted.
Mix Carbquick, applesauce (or melted butter), and half and half until dough forms - mix well.
Adjust mixture by adding a dew drops of water if needed to make dough spoonable.  Spoon onto mixture in cups and bake 10 minutes invert onto a heat proof serving plate. Enjoy.

I use my toaster oven and I got 12 muffins. I really like my toaster oven!


Each muffin will have only 2 carbs!  

I guess you could use Bisquick if you had it but it will have more carbs.  Anyhow, he liked these and his gifts as well.  

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do for your hubby! I love cinnamon buns! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like retirement is off to a great start! I love the sound of that breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound yummy. I hope you two have fun and adjust well to being home together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!