Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Battle of the Holiday 10!


Yesterday it was 63 degrees and this morning it was 34!  Boy am I grateful that Hubby got the pellet stove going last night because the house was nice and toasty this morning. It got me in the mood to bake this morning. Do you gain the Holiday 10 every year? I use to but since I went low carb, I have options that allow me to enjoy sweets without gaining the Holiday 10.  Although it means I have to cook them - nothing from the local Dunkin Donuts (Rats).



Banana and Coconut muffins
2 cups Carbquick
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons Splenda
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tablespoons butter softened
1 mashed banana (or banana flavoring)
1 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring

Mix all very well and put into a buttered muffin pan (regular size or better yet a mini muffin pan)  Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 13 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Total carbs is 2.5 each for the regular or mini muffin
I don't count fat or calories so I didn't figure that out.


So how are doing with your holiday baking and your holiday eating? I'm going to put together some tips on how to survive the Holidays and not feel guilty or deprived for next week.

6 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy! Moderation is how I get thru the holidays. I try to stop and think about what I'm putting in my mouth too...is this a treat I really even want? I try to keep exercising too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good on the scales. I've been watching what I'm eating ... but I'm not depriving myself ... everything in moderation is my motto! ;-)

    My holiday baking won't take place for another couple of weeks ... DD and I bake cookies ... and we bake so many/it takes so long that by the end of the day, I have no desire to eat any cookies! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good, and to think it is good for you. I love my sweets, well my chips, my lattes, my cookies. So my 10 battle is more like a war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I better not do the 10 pound gain because last year's is still with me plus a few other years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those muffins do look good! I'm doing really good avoiding those holiday 10! (I hadn't heard it put that way before, clever!). I lost a pant size and more this year (I have scale issues, LOL) so I'm trying to make sure I keep it off. One thing I did realize tonight while shopping is I wanted the candy I would normally buy this time of the year. I resisted getting it because I knew it would start the cycle again of wanting more candy, LOL. And like Joyce said, I'm still hitting the gym 5 days a week so if I overindulge a bit, hopefully it is getting worked off!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!