Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge: It's Christmas Time


Thank you Joyce for the questions again. You are truly amazing.

1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
We will be spending some time at our Daughter's home and I have no idea what we are having there.  We may just have finger food there. Back home we will have either Ham or Turkey  - can you believe it's not decided yet?  That is how laid back we are being this time.

2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
Italian Nut Ball have chopped nuts and jelly and they are just so good!  I will be making those this weekend.

3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
I don't like milk. I didn't grow up with it. I was not able to digest it as it always made me sick so I just didn't drink it. Now I don't like it unless its store bought Egg Nog. I do drink Almond milk in hot coco or home made egg nog but I don't drink  it with cookies and don't have cereal with it.

4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
I was very disappointed in the choice of "Person of the Year". The protesters were just big babies looking for a free ride. I would have chosen the men and woman who had been fighting in Iraq for our freedoms. They have the greatest impact in our lives.


5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
We use our flashlight nightly since we had a coyote in the area. Yes we know where it is!!

6. candy canes...yum or yuck?
Little ones yes, big ones no! I like to melt the little ones in tea. That is a great way to end a full meal.

7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
That changes from year to year but this year I find my self singing Mary Did You Know, and wonder how her life would have been different if she truly understood who that little baby really was. Do we ever know what the lives of our children will be and how they will impact the world?  I don't think so. And I know that Christmas is about Jesus, not Mary. And yet, I still wonder how much she understood about her little boy.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
As you can see, I have not blogged this week so far. It has just been a normal week and I have not been very busy, but yet I feel that I need the down time.  When I am home from work, I  want to watch a Christmas movie, or cuddle with our two dogs. Blogging just doesn't seem to be on my mind.

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone. And Yes please wish me a Merry Christmas  as well. No Happy Holidays here!!

12 comments:

  1. Rascal Flatts also sings the same song. I didn't know Kenny Rodgers sang it. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Italian cookies look yummy! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look like what we call thumbprints. Yum! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on #4.

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on number 4.I love that song, Mary Did You Know. Great thoughts.

    Have a Merry Christmas Lynn Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting that video of "Mary Did You Know", it made my day!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy hearing "Mary did you Know". But every time I hear Kenny Rogers sing, I think of "The Gambler" But this is a good rendition. I agree with your answer on #4. I want to honor people who had a positive influence on my life. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being from a military home myself both when I grew up and after marriage and my son going into the Marine Corps...I LOVE your #4.

    I have two separate posts today:

    1] New Orleans Conclusion
    and
    2] WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

    Hope your day, so far, has been a glorious one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never even thought to melt candy canes in tea. I may have to give that a try!

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that song, it is so beautiful. Enjoyed your answers. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Lynn Marie to you, Gerry, Becke the Wonder Dog, and baby August.

    My favorite Christmas song is "Winter Wonderland" by Darlene Love backed up by the Ronnettes. You know it from Pukak's Christmas show dance our freestyle group performed at the VAMC back in 2006.

    My second favorite song is the unlikely duet of Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy" It's just lovely with these two voices.

    My third is Don Henley's "Please Be Home for Christmas".Gotta love a bluesy holiday song.

    Merry Merry and Happy Joy Joy to You In 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!