Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Happy New Year!!


Click on the button above and join the fun. Thank you Joyce and these were hard (either that or I'm brane dead)

1. Share something you loved about your Christmas Day.
It was an easy going day. Just enough activity to stay busy, but not so much that we were over tired by the end of the day. We got to spend time with our granddaughters who are just so sweet. What a great job our daughter and her hubby are doing with them. And we got to Skype with our son, his wife and grandsons - Both our son and his wife are doing a great job with the boys.

2. You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?
Our Bible - it will still be true in 100 years
Our family photos - small photos so I can pack a lot of them
Small Christmas Tree - so that I will be ready in 100 years to celebrate Christmas all over again
My I-Pad because it has the contacts in it and my calendar of events.
Chap Stick - I use a lot of it!

3. What do you like on a cracker?
Cheese, I'm a simple girl

4. Do you make resolutions at the start of a new year? How'd that work out for you this past year?
Yes, I do make resolutions. Last year I resolved to walk a total of 400 miles in one year. I did a little over 2400 miles instead.

5. What's a song or song lyric you'll associate with 2011?
I really cant think of any song. Sorry.

6. How will you ring in the new year?
We will get some Chinese food, watch some old movies and then go to bed before 2012 shows up, sounds exciting doesn't it? We are big time party people here!!!

7. What is something you look forward to in 2012?
Getting even more healthy so that I can get off some of my meds!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
August was dressed as a jester for Christmas and he was sure cute. He enjoyed his gifts but had the most fun with the wrapping paper.  
Becke enjoyed her horse trachea the best.

12 comments:

  1. Horse trachea???? I've never heard of that. Congrats on your year of walking! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the walking! Hope you continue to get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of your pets. They are so cute.

    Chinese for New Years Eve...sounds good to me. I'll have to talk to hubby about that one.

    I like the idea of getting healthier to get off the meds. I think I'll make that my goal this year too and hopefully really follow through with it.

    Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like most everyone is having trouble with #5. ;-)

    I love your blog background ... but then I love snow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your walking achievement, that is a lot of miles. And hoping that in this new year you will achieve all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horse trachea??? That's a new one to me. Your furry babies appear to have enjoyed their gifts :)

    Congrats, again, on surpassing that walking goal...Wow, I'm still in awe.

    Have a Happy New Year. Ed and I ring in the New Year quietly, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed at your 'small Christmas tree' insert in the time capsule! And I might have to go and change one of mine to Chap Stick...I can't live without it...then that's assuming I'm still alive in 100 years!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I chuckled at the Chap Stick. I didn't think of something so simple. I really thought too much about that question!
    I was impressed with your walking goal. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of an overachiever, aren't you? :D
    I'm enjoying reading everybody's answers to the time capsule!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2400 miles?! That's amazing...and so are you. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always try to stay up for midnight! Skye had so much fun on Christmas, loved tearing open the tissue wrapped gifts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on reaching your walking goal and going so far beyond it!! Here's to a very healthy 2012!

    Oh my gosh, August is so cute as a jester. Love the pictures. :)

    Happy New Year to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!