Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Better Late than Never, Right?



Yesterday I told you that I have been getting head aches. Not the usual kind that goes with seasonal allergies. No, not those.  Those are mild compared to what my head has been going through.

The verdict is still out if they are Migraine or Tension head aches and I'm still trying to figure out the trigger as this is new to me. I need more information before my doctor will add another prescriptin med to my pile.  But in both cases Exercise is suppose to be "helpful".

I've gotten lazy about exercise as of late but after spending a afternoon and evening praying for my head to stop pounding and my eyes to stop tearing and burning, I got my "Scottish Up" and decided to fight back. I sure don't want this to continue!!!

Kristie Alley started "100 Days Of Dance" to promote a fun way to get into shape.  Her 100 days are done but since there are still 100 days left in 2012 I'm jumping on board!  I started with music from my iPhone and a stepper and set the timer for 30 minutes.  That's the joy of this challenge. It's dancing for 30 minutes every day. Any kind of dance!  I have some dancing DVD's that go in the Wii, some music on the iPhone, a Zumba video and even a belly dancing DVD and a hip scarf to go with it.

So for the next 100 days, I'm dancing.  The idea is to re leash some endorphins that promote health.  I'm willing to try it. Anyone want to join me?


Do the twist, how about Disco, remember the Hustle?  I will list the dances I do on Monday for the week past. Want to join? I've even put a ticker on the side bar to show my progress. Come on now - no one has to see, I'm not taking a video or anything, but lets get moving. Get your Scottish Up!

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the idea of dancing for exercise! It's a win - win. Fun dancing, and good exercise. Good luck with it Lynn. I may kick up my heals alittle bit today too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marla, I hope you join in. I think it may be fun to see what people dance to in their own homes.

      Delete
  2. I hope this works for you and the headaches will be gone. I don't think I'm ready to commit yet but I'll sure cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. When I started to get these I was just a baby about it but now that I have a free plan to fight back, I somehow feel empowered. I will picture you with pompoms OK?

      Delete
  3. I have no rhythm, so the dancing would be an exercise in futility for me. But I do need to get up and moving more than I have been. So I'm in on exercising more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana - I bet if you walked with music that could count as joining the party here! Any how I hope you do get to move more. I really enjoyed working out when I did it a lot. I just got lazy.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun...I love to dance! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do anything formal, but I love some music and moving my feet. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  5. I can't dance at. all. I wish I could but that gene passed me by! Hope it cures the headaches. Those are no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi, I'm not asking for a video or anything, hay you can get the kids involved with you and do the "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" dance if you want. It's all about moving to music to help you feel better.

      Delete
  6. I'd be surprised if dancing didn't help your headaches. Will say a prayer it does help you.

    I'll join you in your 100 day dance challenge. I was at Zumba this morning and when I'm at Curves I do the Twist so I'm already dancing five days a week. It ain't pretty, but my dancing helps me keep my weight down and creaky hips and knees working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome abord Anu! I sort of knew you would be willing to join in. I knew you did Zumba and Curves. Remember it's 30 minutes a day EVERY day for 100 day. I'm not pretty either but I think of you every time I put in the belly dance DVD. And my creaky hips and knees are still working as well.

      Delete
  7. I am a horrible dancer. Kind of like Elaine from Sienfeld. Did you ever see the episode where she dances? That would be me! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami, Yes I've seen that episode and it is funny. Still, I'm not asking for proof, I'm just asking for it to be fun. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great plan. I need to start doing something to get my metabolism going! Since my new meds seem to help my COPD I think I may be ready to start. Hope your head feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, I'm so glad that the meds are helping you. Maybe you can put on Classical music and do some stretching to it. That would count!

      Delete
  9. If I had the time, I'd join you, but right now I'm getting my exercise outside...using a hoe! Dancing is my favorite form of exercise, although I've got two left feet! Best wishes, hope those headaches go away!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, You are so funny!!! Put on some country music and hoe to the beet (misspelling and pun intended). Call it the Country Gardener's Shuffle! That would be crazy funny don't you think? Thank you for the good wishes. I hope they work as well.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!