Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Field Trip to Sonic


There are 6 states in the New England Area they are: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. There is 1 Sonic Drive In in all of the New England States.   Just 1!  I'll give you a hint, it's not in New Hampshire. It's in Mass about an hour away from our home.
Which, as it turns out is a good thing...

Because if it was closer, I would go visit more often.

We had heard a fair amount about Sonic and wanted to try it out so one day we packed up the dogs, filled the gas tank and headed south. We have a good time in the car, hubby and me. We tell stories, remember times gone by, sing along with the radio and look at the GPS on my cell phone.

If you are not familiar with Sonic, you pull your car up to a station and park, then order off the menu calling in your food order and then pay right there. Soon someone comes up to the driver's window on roller skates with your food and you eat in your car.  It's more about the experience than the food.  I had gone on Facebook asking for recommendations and ended up getting these:

Top is cheesy tater tots, bottom chili cheese tater tots.

Watermelon Slush and Caramel/Mocha Java

Grilled Chicken sandwich

Double Cheese burger

Cheddar Peppers Poppers


It was all pretty good but if you're thirsty, don't get the java drink because it should come with a spoon instead of a straw.  It's darn thick!!!  I saved my carbs for 2 days so that I could enjoy this meal.  It was worth it. 

100 Days of Dance
On the 100 Days of Dance, I managed to do 6 days of 30 minutes. Sometimes dancing to the country TV station, sometimes belly dancing, sometime stepper dancing.  In all I'm up to 21 days, so I'm right on target!! How are you doing??










9 comments:

  1. We love Sonic! You have to try their corn dogs...so YUMMY! Their onion rings are not to be missed, either! Plus, they have "Happy Hour" from 2-4 where drinks are half price. Can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... we have one a about 45 minutes from us. Sometimes we take a road trip just for a visit to Sonic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Sonic in the big town near here (about 10 minutes away ... where we go to buy groceries, go to church, etc.), but we've never been. What you had looks yummy ... except the Caramel/Mocha Java (I'm not a coffee drinker). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually my daughter and I go to Sonic together, especially when the weather is mild. I always enjoy their double bacon cheese burger...and watching those carhops skating around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the home of Sonic so I think we have 10 in town. Two within 2 miles of my house.

    I always get a Route 44 Diet Vanilla Coke during happy hour. The popcorn chicken is pretty good too along with the limited time sweet potato tots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to a Sonic but I hear good things about them. I don't believe we have roller skating set up here. Mark and I love car trips too. Before our children were born we traveled in the car all the time. We did it also after they were born but now that we are older we are enjoying the quiet part of car trips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. About a year ago we got a Sonic about 30 minutes from our house. That place is always packed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Sonic in our town shut down less than a year after it opened. I guess that's what Minnesotans think of Sonic... but there's a Culvers across the street. That's tough competition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Sonics near us either : (

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!