Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Straight From My State to Yours

 
Thank you Joyce one again for the great questions.  Come on everyone - join in!



1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play?
WOW I cannot remember the last time I read anything from William Shakespeare but I have a few favorites.  In the  Tragedy category Othello is my favorite. In the Comedy category Comedy of Errors and  The Taming of the Shrew.

2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country?

I grew up drinking Moxie and was always told that it's a New England Drink. I've never seen it in stores anyplace but I have seen it on eBay so I know that anyone can get it.  It's taste has been compared to Root Beer with an Attitude!  It fits.  So that is what I would like to offer a foreign visitor to my home state.

3. What's a lie you often tell yourself?
I'm a mistake, a Oops.   I was told this a lot when I was little.  I grew up believing it.  It took a long time to believe that God knew me before I was born and He knew me and had a plan for me.  You just don't have a plan for a mistake so it must not be true.  I am loved by Hubby, by our children, by our grandchildren and I am loved by God.

4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog!
I am very good at loosing things. I often walk around the house looking for my keys, my shoes, my phone.  I seem to do too many things at once so I forget where I put down something. Then I have to walk around looking for it.  Nothing is safe - one time while Hubby was gone, I lost the remote to the TV. It was a new TV and couldn't figure out how to not only change channel but also how to turn it off!!!

5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book?
Sorry, I guess I don't have a favorite animal character as nothing comes to mind. I can't wait to read what others put down.

6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb?
I do have a green thumb. I like to toil in the dirt and watch things grow. The problem is I don't have the time that I once had to work in the soil. I miss it. I do believe that one day I will get back out there. But for now, this season in my life, I have others that need me to care for them and they are so much important.

7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-

sort photos and create albums
bake cookies
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing


It's a toss up between hold an all-day movie marathon and organize closets, cupboards or bookshelves.  It will all depend on what the movie marathon ends up becoming.  I do have a hard time staying put so staying put for a movie marathon is hard but if I am tired, and the movie choice is good- it may just win out (after I finish organizing that closet, cupboard or book shelve)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our West Coasters are back home. The vacation is over. My heart is both sad and happy.  I enjoyed a week of toys scattered all over the house, hearing little kids laugh, tickles every few minutes, hearing "Grannie I love you." or "Grannie, I want to sit next to you"  Seeing all 4 kids attack Pepere at once. Food every where! Sleep overs and dogs who put up with a lot!  It was a great vacation and a chance to see our children parent their children.  It filled our hearts with pride to see the adults they have become.  Our children enjoyed each others company and got along as if there were no miles between them. The cousins laughed, ran, ate, shared (mostly) and had a blast together.  I feel blessed.

6 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how it must feel to have a quiet house, again. It's like that when my oldest daughter heads back to college. You get so used to having them around that it's a shock to your system once they leave. Just be grateful for all the fun you had and the memories you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Moxie. There's a drink in SC called Cheer Wine which is sort of like a Dr. Pepper. One of the great things about America...so many little interesting pockets to discover!

    Glad you had a wonderful holiday with your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Moxie either.

    I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time with your West Coasters. You *are* blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moxie is new to me, also. It's funny how things can be so different in different areas, isn't it?


    I'm glad your visit with family went so well. I'm sure lots of good family memories were made :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a great visit with your family. Grands are the best! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your no oops, glad you know better now. How sad that they told you that. ((HUGS)) Your random just melted my heart. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful visit with your grandchildren.
    What a blessing you have been given.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!