Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Friday, April 13, 2012

I Ask for Your Prayers - For New Hampshire

As many of you know my Hubby is a retired police officer.  I am thrilled to wake up every morning and see his sleeping face.  I am excited every afternoon to come home and either see him or read a note that he is out and about doing something fun.  I've waited 30 years for him to come back to me. He has given every up holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, BB Q's, church functions, family time, blizzards, rain storms, and so many other times when I wanted him home, he went to work.

Because he was needed-
By others-

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one".  Spock in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Last night, in a small New Hampshire town called Greenland, a drug bust went very bad. 5 police officers were shot.  2 were treated and sent home. 2 are in ICU with shots to the chest, 1 is dead.

Police Chief Michael Maloney,  48 years old, was killed in the line of duty. He was set to retire next Friday April 20th. He was coming home to his family. He would now be able to take care of them. He would now be part of all those moments in family time. Instead, the family is planing his funeral.

I ask that you join me in prayer for the family of fallen Police Chief Maloney and for the others who are home recovering and in ICU.  Pray for the families of police men and woman everywhere. In every town, in every state all across America there are brave men and woman running towards bullets.
We have a niece who is married to a small town cop. I pray for Nicholas - go home after every shift. Go home and let your family enjoy you. Wear your vest and may God protect you.

I plan to hug a retired cop today, often. And pray for others.

16 comments:

  1. How very sad...I will add these families to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaking.... I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I have been and will keep praying for all involved. I am so happy that you are able to hug a hero ALL the time now. Thank you, Lynn, for sacrificing all those life events for others. You two are much closer and happier than many other couples that get to spend all those life events together. God does indeed bless those who give.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Happy for your kind words. Thank you also for your prayers.

      Delete
  4. Well said my friend. I've worked for a small town police department for over 35 years and have prayed many times for the safety of our officers as they go out on calls (calls I've sent them to). It's a scary business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy,
      I can't image sending out those who defend us. This has shaken up our small state. Thank you for your service sending them out. You never know what they are walking into.

      Delete
  5. I admire our policemen and policewomen so much! Every day they go to work and know they could give their "all" to protecting us. It's VERY sad to hear of these officers and to know they and their families are suffering so much. My prayers are for all of them. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn Marie I am sitting here crying my eyes out.
    This is so sad and I feel so bad for all the families and especially the family of Police Chief Maloney who was retiring on the 20th. Praying for Gods love to cover these family with comfort and strength. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. Chief Maloney's Funereal will be on what would have been the day before his retirement party. It is very sad indeed.

      Delete
  7. Such a heartbreaking story, the Chief was so young! I will keep the officers and all of their famillies in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a heartbreaking story! The fact that the Chief was so close to retirement just tore my heart out. What a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!