Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to get Perfect Bacon



Don't you hate it when you go out to eat, order bacon and eggs and the bacon is all curled up, burnt and just not very appetizing. It's even worst when you cook it at home and end up with the same thing. Food is so expensive that is upsets me when it get ruined.   Well a few months ago my son-in-law Doug told me the secret to perfect bacon.

We had gone to our daughter and son-in-law house and they had cooked us breakfast. It was delicious! They are such good cooks!!!

Our son-in-law always was a great cook but out daughter.....well let's just say that growing up with her cooking, we always made sure that the fire extinguisher was fully charged and everyone in the house hold knew how to use it.  Yes, she was that bad!!!

Any how here is the secret.  Bake the Bacon!!  Did you know this already? I didn't. Why didn't I know this secret?


Line a baking dish with tin foil (not necessary but makes clan up so much easier) and they lay your bacon in a single layer.


Set your oven at 450 degrees (since it just Hubby and I we use the toaster oven)
Watch it!!!  The thinner the bacon the faster it will bake. I use Think Sliced Bacon and it took about 15 minutes to get to what I like.


And voila I had the Perfect Bacon!  I've been cooking bacon this way ever since our smarty pants son-in-law told me about this.

How do you like your bacon?  Extra crispy? Think sliced? How do you cook it?

5 comments:

  1. I love mine extra crispy and I cook it in my George Foreman grill so the grease drips off of if. I will definitely try baking it the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thick-cut bacon cooked done but still chewy. I don't care for crispy bacon. And who knew that getting flat bacon could be so easy? I wonder, though, what kind of mess it makes in the oven - with grease spattering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just learned about baking bacon a few years ago myself. It is very good that way and I also like it in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally microwave mine but have used this method too. I really dislike undercooked soggy bacon. I would rather have it over crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my bacon a little on the crispy side.
    We actually buy the partially cooked Hormel bacon at Costco but I think I will try some in the oven. Thanks for sharing this tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!