Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge is Back!!!




1. Have you ever played golf? Any interest in playing? Do you have a significant other who loves to play? Did you watch The Masters this past weekend?
I use to caddie for my dad who did play golf a lot. I have a great memory of one day when it started to rain really hard.  My dad took the umbrella out and placed it over the clubs.  I looked at him very upset, after all I was his "Peanut", his baby girl, his youngest child, the apple of his eye and I was getting wet.  He saw how upset I was and without missing a beat and in his Scottish accent said "They rust, you don't" and he walked away to the next hole.  I had to admit, he was right.   I would love to be able to play but really don't like the practice and where are the bathrooms on the gold course??


 I didn't watch but was very glad that Bubba won. Imagine, he never took any lessons!! How amazing. 

2. Hats are back in fashion this spring...how do you feel about wearing a hat? (fyi-I'm not talking baseball caps) When was the last time you wore one?
I love hats, however I don't look good in hats. I do wear visors because of the sun.

3. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 meaning proficient and 1 meaning "I'd starve", how adept are you at using chopsticks?
1-I'd starve.

4. Has technology taken over?
Look at how many people drive and text, walk and text, eat and text then I would say YES.  We've gone to restaurants and seen couples sitting across from each other texting to each other!!! Hay come on, enough is enough.  I've even seen people in church texting.  Really!!?

5. In the course of a day how often do you look in a mirror?
I'm not a bit a mirror person. I look in it in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, again at night getting ready for bed and maybe once or twice more when I go to the ladies room and wash my hands after.

6. Tulip or Daffodil?
Daffodils. I love how they just glow at me and tulips are eaten by deer. We have deer here. We have all sorts of things here that eat tulips so daffodils it is!


7. I am proud of myself for __________________.
Not giving up and plugging along.  There are times when being Scottish means getting my "Scottish Up" and getting something done.  Once I make up my mind - I follow through.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
In the last couple of weeks I have been plagued with headaches. Not the usual allergy headache. I mean turn off the lights, put on sunglasses, close the blinds, curl up into the fetal position and cover my head kind of headache.  That is one reason why I've not blogged every day.  I'm still not sure if they are Migraines or Tension related but one of the suggestions for both was "Exercise" . Last year I did the 400 mile challenge and ended up doing 24000 miles instead so I'm not shy about doing exercise but I will admit that I've gotten lazy about it. So, I "Got my Scottish Up" and I have started a new challenge.  More on that tomorrow.

OK now your turn.  Put your answers here and lets share.

10 comments:

  1. Bubba Watson's story is pretty amazing, isn't it? Sure hope you find some relief for your headaches. I know how painful they can be. You did 24,000 miles? WOW! Was that on a bike, running, walking? How great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines are something that can be caused by something....you should get a check up and find if there can be some help available for you.

    Well, you're the first one that said the deer eat tulips. But, I'll pick daffodils myself instead of tulips.

    BOTTOMS UP is my Wednesday post link.

    Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your golfing story :) I'll bet the look on your face was priceless...

    Never knew that deer eat tulips, cause they don't grow much here. My SIL saw a family of 7 deer last week--close to our garden!!! Yikes. They could do serious damage...

    So sorry about your headaches. I HATE having headaches. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Migraines are positively miserable. They sometimes have food connections too, chocolate especially. Hope you find some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your golfing story made me laugh! You poor thing... but my grandfather definitely had some "Scott" in him, so I know what you are talking about! And I, too, get migraines on occasion, usually from lack of sleep, stress, or hormones - I hope you get some relief soon! I find if I take two Excederin for migraine right at the onset it usually takes care of it... but definitely get a dr to check you out if they persist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your golf story! And texting in church is one of my pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the headaches. I know that is miserable. I agree with you on the texting...it's just a little too much sometimes. I mean, what in the world is everyone saying when you're in contact 24 hours?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suffer from chronic tension headaches, and mine are not as disabling as what you've described. Yours sound an awful lot like what I've heard that migraines are like ... you probably ought to have it checked out.

    I can't wait to hear about your latest challenge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine texting in church. I think kids/adults should put their phones away. There is a time and a place for using your phone. I am eager to hear about your latest challenge.

    I hope your having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your answer to #1, that is the sweetest memory. I am the youngest and also my dad's peanut! I agree, enough is enough. My pet peeve is the driving and texting, talking too if you don't have bluetooth and even then it is not a good idea. As far as the restaurant, I really hate when I see that. It's just sad. Sorry about your migraines, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!