Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Good Bye Summer



This the last Friday of Summer and this weekend is the LAST WEEKEND OF SUMMER
I love summer and look forwarded to it every year. I know that Fall brings joys of its own. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin muffins and all sorts of pumpkin stuff. Pies are made, the oven gets turned on and baking happens again. The warmth of the wood stoves or pellet stoves puts a glow in your home and life seems to slow down a bit while you still have days to sit on the back deck with a cup of hot apple cider in your hands.  People open there windows and air out the house and put the AC units away! Yes all nice things indeed.  But I love the heat of summer, the light weight clothes of summer, and the grilled summer salads and fruits. I will miss summer and look forwarded to seeing it again soon.
So on this last weekend of summer, go outside and grill. Wear your flip flops and shorts, eat ice cream, and do all sort of summer things because when you do them next weekend, you will be doing fall things.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll be in flip flops-we're supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow! I'm excited about a fire in the outdoor firepit..fall is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see Autumn.
    The smell, colors, tastes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer season may be almost over, but I know there will be lots of more days of running the A/C, and wearing shorts here in southeastern GA. Hot weather lasts for quite a while--but our pumpkins don't :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post, but I love fall too. Not winter, mind you, but fall. I love when it gets cool enough for a sweatshirt, but not a coat. Our windows are open now and it will get really cold in here tonight, but it makes for great sleeping. Summer I'll miss some of you, but I'm really looking forward to the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice for the last weekend of summer! I just can't believe it went by so fast this year!! However you decide to celebrate this last weekend of it, enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn Marie, I just stopped by to let you know that I've tagged you in a post...see this post...

    http://lifeofahoneybee.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag-youre-it.html

    I never know how people feel about these kinds of things, so don't feel like you have to play...but if you do, just be sure to leave me a comment to let me know :)

    I'm still planning to post about the blog award you gave me...working through things little by little :)

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!