Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge: The First Fall Questions


Joyce did a great job once again and I'm so glad she gives us the questions a day early, because I really needed the time this time.  Thank you Joyce.

1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?
Hubby retired this summer and there was a "This is Not a Retirement Party" Party with family, good friends and good food. The favorite food I think was the Whoopie Pie Cake made by our friend and Chef, Mark.


2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?
Walnuts. I eat a hand full almost every day. They are filling and give me the crunch I want.

3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
Taekwondo requires a lot of balance. I managed to get all the way to 1st degree Black belt before my osteoporosis got so bad that I started breaking bones just by doing it.  Still, balance was a big part of the skill.

4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
 I married it. He's 6 feel 3 inches of pure laughter and joy!

5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?
If you live at the South Pole, is there a south direction?

6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.
With so many body parts sagging there is no way I'm jumping rope!  You know I may knock myself out doing that. Roller skates may be OK but I think I would enjoy the hula hoop so that I can use the time working on finding my waist  - killing two birds with one stone.
  
7. What's your most sentimental possession?
My wedding rings. They are a symbol of our love and journey together.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

When it's dark out, I really love to turn this light on in the kitchen. It gives off a soft glow in there that just makes my heart warm.  

12 comments:

  1. Wedding ring is a good answer...I had to have mine cut off last year after a little mishap with a car door and I realized how attached to it I was. Fortunately the jeweler could do a repair and its good as new.

    Love a kitchen lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say a walnut is one nut I don't like. haha Yep, I said wedding ring too. Cute lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the label on the Whoopie Pie (especially the ingredients!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your hubby's retirement!

    The Whoopie Pie looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giggling at your stupid question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your light! It would look great in MY house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy most nuts. We always have a variety in the house. My husband is funny too! Love the lamp in the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Halloween theme on the blog; very festive!! I'm sure your hubby's retirement this past summer will be one of the main events for the year; good to have someone like him with a sense of humor especially these days!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having retired, it is the best. Congratulations to your hubby and LOVE; LOVE; the Whoopie pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!