Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our Kitchen is Back!

Back in February our kitchen had problems. We could still cook and do the dishes, but a set of cabinets was falling down, so we (and by that, I mean Hubby) took them down and we decided to revamp that side of the kitchen.  That was in February. The cabinets came down, and we waited for the new cabinets to go up.
In place of cabinets over the peninsula, a light was going in. New cabinets were bought, but were not put up so that we could use them, yet.
A ceiling fan went in where the plain light was
Finally the new light went up over the peninsula and the new cabinets went in. See the curtain there? Well it's an appliance garage.
Our small toaster and electric water kettle fit nicely back there.
I really like the way it opened up the kitchen and love the look of the red color.
The appliance garage curtain can be changed to match the seasons, or what ever whim I feel

Thank you Hubby for all your hard work and I really love it came out. Well done!

8 comments:

  1. Good looking kitchen there. You're lucky to have such a handy hubby. My hubby is not handy ... but I am thankful that he knows that he's not handy and doesn't try projects that end up costing double because a professional handyman has to fix hubby's attempt before completing the project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like the appliance garage - good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful with the pendant lamp - wow, it looks SO much bigger and brighter too!

    What a clever idea to sew up a custom fabric appliance garage instead of the expense of another piece of cabinetry. How smart are you? I think you deserve another WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I'm just stopping by to say `Hi`
    and happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I know it was a lot of work, but the finished product looks so good! I like all the white cabinets! Good contrast too with the red! Enjoy cooking in there!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful. I love it and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!