Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Random Dozen


2nd Cup of Coffee is once again hosting her Random Dozen. This time she had help from Mocha with Linda in coming up with the questions so head on over to their blogs as well to see what there answers were. Here are the questions and my answers. How about listing your answers.

1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?

Watch the movie AT HOME. I really don't like going to the movies. It's loud, the seats are not comfortable, the food is awful, the company is often not the best and it's cold in there. At home I can have on my pj's, eat what I like, it's warm, and the company is the best. Plus, when the boring part of the movie comes, I can get up and move around.

2. What is your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas! I love to decorate and get the cards ready to go out. I wear Christmas sweaters all month and can in fact wear a different sweater every day from Thanksgiving all the way to Christmas and never wear the same sweater twice. I love the sounds of Christmas, the smells and cheer.

3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?

Mountains all the way. Leave me there (by a lake) and I will tell you that my part of heaven will look like that.

4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?

Cars have never been a big deal to me. They are useful for getting from point A to point B but they are not a status symbol so I would stay with car I have now. KIA Sportage maybe a newer model.

5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?

Hot Coco with whipped cream on top. Our daughter makes her own recipe and I love it!

6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?

Boy I really enjoy Facebook and email/text. I can see what they are doing and they can see what I'm doing at our own leisure and it will not interfere with dinner, or plans.

7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?

We have a mailbox at the end of the driveway.

8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)

My strongest I think would be Melancholic. Sanguine is my weakest.

9. What do you miss the most about being 20?

I had small children and we were traveling in the Air Force. It was a time of children's parties, moving around this great country, eating all the local food, having lots of energy and I was a full time wife, mom and homemaker which is who I am at my core. I love being in my 20's.

10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?

I lay out my clothes the night before so in the morning I can hit the shower, get dressed, pack my lunch for work and have my coffee in my hand in just over an hour. I allow myself a few hours however so that I can do some house work and cook breakfast for Hubby. I'm not as fast by time I get home so I really do try to get a lot done in the morning.

11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?

Hubby takes care of all of that, he even takes my car and fills it with gas for me. Love him.

12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?

We visited: NM, TX, CA, OK, AR, LU, MI, AL, GE, TN, KT, WV, MY, NJ, NY, CT, RI, VT, ME, NH, MA. Countries: England, Canada.

Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:

Sanguine

The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.

Choleric

A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.

Melancholic

A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Phlegmatic

Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.

Ok it's your turn. Tell me about you.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting answers.

    I too prefer to watch movies at home. For all the reasons you mentioned ... and so I can pause it if I need to go to the bathroom or to get another Diet Coke. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LynnMarie, I saw your question on Linda's Random Dozen post. Since I had the same problem for quite some time, I'll see if I can't help you out.

    When you're creating your post (in your dashboard), at the upper right hand corner of the box where you type your post there should be two tabs. One is "edit HTML" and one is "compose". Chances are it's set at "compose" (at least that's the default on mine).

    Copy the techy gobblygook that's underneath Linda's donut icon over on the right hand side of her blog.

    Click the "edit HTML" tab and paste that gobblygook. Then click the compose tab and you should see the donut picture. ;-)

    I hope that this helps. If not let me know, and I'll try to help you more. Oh, and by the way, I'm following your blog. ;-)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should post a photo a day of your sweaters between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That would be fun!

    We've moved a lot and are currently in NJ-best part about living here? You are not allowed to pump your own gas! No self service. I love that : )

    This is my first time here I think so I'm off to look around...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce had a good idea! The Christmas Sweater of the Day! I've discovered if I'm going to watch a movie, I need to do it at the theater, in the dark...if I'm at home, I end up hopping about doing stuff and never really watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...your 20's sound like mine. I really miss those days...being home with the kids when they were little. Although I was one tired puppy at the end of each day, it was an extremely satisfied sort of tired.

    You sound like a sweet lady. I really enjoyed reading all of your answers. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping over. I am following you now so I will be over to read your Random Dozens each week. Love the name of your blog. I love watching movies at home, actually have movies going all day long on cable. I'm not much of a reader but I do love to buy books! L.O.V.E. Christmas and Thankgiving is a very close second. I miss have a mailbox in front of the house. You have been to so many states, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name of your blog! We had some similar answers. It's great to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!