Welcome to Life Through Bifocals

Life is not always clear and easy to figure out. So grab a cup of coffee and your bifocals and let's see what we can see.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Low Carb Cajun Stuffed Peppers


My "Little Sister" gave me this gift - how cute is it??


As the weather continues to cool off I've been looking at my recipes and doing my best to make them low carb. Stuffed Peppers is always good so here is my low carb version.

Here is what you need:
1 pound Hamburger
1 small onion diced
1/2 can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Cajun mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
8 ounces Colby Jack cheese - shredded
Garlic Powder to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
4 Peppers

Cook the hamburger, onion and garlic powder, drain off fat then add the tomato paste, water, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for a bit until its as think as you like it. Add 1/2 of the cheese. In the mean time, cut peppers in half and par boil them for 3 minutes, then remove and place on baking sheet. Fill each half of pepper with the hamburger mixture and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Enjoy.





Here is mine all packed up for lunch the next day. There was a little more "stuffing" than pepper so I added it to my lunch plate. Total carbs is 3 per 1/2 pepper. Like that! How do you make stuffed peppers?





2 comments:

  1. I may have to try this. I like cutting the peppers in half and halving the typical baking time.
    Now I need to figure out a substitute for the Cajun mustard. That sounds like something that would grow old sitting in my frig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue spicy brown mustard would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and if you left me a comment, thank you twice!